I woke up way before daylight on this last day of 2014, much earlier than usual especially since we stayed for the whole Jimmi Mamou show.  We had planned to stay just for 1 drink.  Anyway I read until time to go swim, was enjoying my book so much I considered not going.   But good sense prevailed in the end, even though I had to make two trips back one for goggles, and one for camera. Sure glad I went back and got the camera.  On the return trip from La Madera I saw a woman with a bright red t-shirt saying KITSAP on it which is the county the Senor and I are from so of course I stopped to talk with them and found out they bike in Kitsap bike events but are from Seattle, at the same time ran ran into the couple I’d met yesterday.  So as we were walking back we noticed activity at the mouth of the canal.  Turns out the “bomberos” (firemen) were called out to rescue an animal, and this was no kitty in a tree.  But a very large looking crocodile with enourmous teeth. Now remember I had just been swimming a 10 minute walk away from this spot.  A gentleman standing next to me said “Oh the almost never bother swimmers.”  Not very reassuring.  I decided I had a vested interest in having this crocodile relocated so I hung around until he was completely under control. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Crocodile Capture
Crocodile Capture

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA I was there for an good hour watching as the hunted him with ropes and grappling hooks in the water, finally getting him on land, but far from under control. They wrangled him for a good 20-30 minutes, loosing him once, gaining control again and making him roll over several times which seemed to be the way to get a rope around his snout tight. Then one climbed on his back, pulled the snout rope back bending the head way back and proceeded to get the more rope tight around his snout.Next they tied his feet over his back and at this point he was completely under control and the crowd walk around him some kids touched him and a very interested dog finally got to sniff him. One of the bomberos  went for a truck to haul him away.  What happens to him now I don’t know, I hope he doesn’t be come belts and steaks.  Maybe I should check and see what’s barbecuing at the fire station.  I do hope he just gets relocated.  Many of the people here say you don’t need to do anything, he could have just been left alone and he would  go back where he came from.  I don’t know what is correct,  or if they are endangered or protected species, or if they pose any danger to me as a  swimmer.  It’s a very popular beach where I swim so it can’t be dangerous.

Spent the rest of the day getting a manicure, reading and siesta-ing.  The Senor made some stuffed celery and apples to take to the party tonight, had difficulties in transporting it as we had no box or Tupperware to get it there. Our friends picked us up and after driving the rough road way to La Ropa, and a short but rougher road to the hotel, the party tray survived, only a little worse for the wear.  It was a very nice private party on the terrace of the  Hotel Italiano high on La Ropa with a beautiful view and a live band.  At home the neighbors would have called the “decibel police” out to shut us down for a band that played half that loud, but here the neighboring places came out on their terraces and balconies to enjoy or endure. We returned to town about a half hour before midnight to bring the new year in at Daniels and to watch the fire

Fireworks on Zihua Bay
Fireworks on Zihua Bay

works from the beach.  The most spectacular fireworks display I have ever seen that lasted a good long time and more from La Ropa and more from La madera could all be seen at the same time.

Fireworks on Zihua Bay
Fireworks on Zihua Bay

There were also many, many flying luminarios. Its was amazing how high they fly. Happy 2015, Signing off KO

Author: zihuathyme

I'm a traveler, not as frequently as I would like , but I plan on doing more. After working full time at Mount Rainier National Park during the summer of 22 I have decided to retire completely and forever. Prior to that I was semi retired as a Wedding Officiant I officiated at about 20 weddings a season, and with my small delivery service I handled the distribution of a local high-quality Home and Garden magazine . Prior to my "semi retirement" I was in corrections and before that I owned and operated a bail bond agency. I now plan to travel to new places and exciting places, getting ready to do that as a solo as the Senior is no longer with me, his choice, and I am OK with that. For hobbies I'm a reader and love my kindle. And I enjoy writing.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: